site comparing query syntax?

j. y. chen judy at hotwired.com
Thu May 8 21:34:44 EDT 1997

>Okay, I give up.  I've been flexing my researcher muscles and _still_ can't
>find a site I've seen mentioned a couple of times that enumerates query
>syntax used by the major search engines (some are boolean, some use - or
>+).  Seems that I remember the site was maintained in Sweden.  Anyone have
>this bookmarked like I thought I did?
>
>thanks --
>
>Linda Rudell-Betts
>Information Resources Manager
>Quarterdeck Corporation
>Marina del Rey, California

is this the site you're looking for?  I did a search in hotbot for "search
engines" modified by "sweden" and "comparison" and restricted the geoplace
to europe for country of origin.  this was the nuber one hit.  it looks
pretty good even if it isn't the one you're looking for!

1.                       A review of robot based internet search services
     99%
                   The building and maintenance of robot based internet
search services:
                   A review of current indexing and data collection methods
Authors T.
                   Koch, A. Ardö, A. Brümmer and S. Lundberg Lund University
                   Library, NetLab, Box 3, S-221 00 Lund, Sweden...

http://www.ub2.lu.se/desire/radar/reports/D3.11v0.3/index.html, 6840
                   bytes, 26Sep96

j u d y  y.  c h e n			hotwired, inc.
hotbot tutorial program coordinator	san francisco, ca  94107
http://www.hotbot.com		4 1 5 . 2 7 6 . 8 4 6 4