site comparing query syntax?

Robert C. Williford c586704 at showme.missouri.edu
Thu May 8 20:30:59 EDT 1997

Linda Rudell Betts wrote:

> Okay, I give up.  I've been flexing my researcher muscles and _still_ can't
> find a site I've seen mentioned a couple of times that enumerates query
> syntax used by the major search engines (some are boolean, some use - or
> +).  Seems that I remember the site was maintained in Sweden.  Anyone have
> this bookmarked like I thought I did?

Believe you want the Internet Scout Sidekicks, at
http://wwwscout.cs.wisc.edu/scout/toolkit/search/notes/sidekick.html.
Gives you the option of getting a .gif version, .pdf black & white, .pdf
color.  Very handy.  Not in Swedish, however.  Also has similar
"sidekick" for Internet directories.

Bob Williford
MLS Student (for about another week)
University of Missouri-Columbia