Tracking Software review

CMUNSON CMUNSON at aaas.org
Wed May 7 14:36:34 EDT 1997

     Yes, I'd also recommend this issue of Internet World. I've been
     evaluating and testing log analysis software this week and was
     pleasantly surprised to see this excellent article in the mail. It
     includes URLs so that you can download demo versions.

     I'm also recommending a book I picked up several weeks ago titled "Web
     Site Stats" by Rick Stout. It's very informative and the presentation
     is very clear. [Osborne/McGraw-Hill: Berkeley, CA, 1997. $29.95 ISBN#
     0-07-882236-X]

     My testing is still in the early stages, but I have found that
     net.Analysis chokes on a 120 mb log file, whereas Interse Market Focus
     does a much better job of ingesting the file.

     Good luck

     Chuck Munson