Job Opening - Content Webmaster

Janet Kaul jmk at Synopsys.COM
Tue May 13 21:26:01 EDT 1997

I am not connected with this job, which is providing content management
and training within a large section of Synopsys. Synopsys makes software
for designing chips. OPSNet is the Operations intranet, which is part
of the overall Synopsys intranet that I run.

Feel free to ask me questions about Synopsys, but I don't know
about things like the salary range, etc., for this specific job.

Please email resumes to Lisa Murdy, murdy at synopsys.com.

-Janet Kaul
 Synopsys Web Librarian

-------------------
JOB TITLE
Operations Development Trainer (OPSNet Content Manager)

GRADE LEVEL
To be Determined

TEAM DESCRIPTION
Our team--Web, Infrastructure Training  and Support--is an Operations
Department support team providing departmental productivity tools.  One of
these tools is OPSNet, the departmental Web.

JOB OBJECTIVE
Provide significant support to clients using OPSNet.

MAJOR CLIENTS AND BUSINESS PARTNERS
- Operations Department
- Worldwide Sales force
- All Business Units
- SAP Development Team
- Executives
- Customers in specific areas (e.g., Electronic Software Transfer)

RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide needs analysis/assessment of information required by the Sales
force, Business Units and other business partners requiring support from
Operations.
- Serve as company wide evangelist of OPSNet and its content.
- Provide company wide communication of Operations issues, news, schedules
and other pertinent data.
- Represent Operations Department on the EC IntraNet council, Symon team
and other relevant teams and organizations.
- Construct and deliver required information in Web ready format.  Also,
assist Operations team members with document conversion to Web ready
format.
- Serve as content librarian, managing the content lifecycle and the data
stored within OPSNet.
- Develop and standardize additional OPSNet documentation and templates.
- Design, development and deliver appropriate analysis of Operations
trends, metrics and requirements.
- Identify, coordinate and/or provide Web training.
- Provide additional related services as required.

SKILLS: REQUIRED and DESIRED
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal skills a must.
- Demonstrated ability to build a convincing presentation and sell concepts
internally.
- Good sense of the business requirements within the EDA industry.
- Computer software familiarity and some programming knowledge including:
strong working knowledge of the Microsoft suite and Internet Assistant;
familiarity with UNIX, PERL, Java, C++.   Desire and ability to learn new
software applications.
- Analytical skills to assess customer needs and make timely decisions.
- Ability to present and "sell" to Synopsys employees at all levels.
- Some travel required.

EDUCATION
Bachelors degree in Business, Engineering, or MIS, MLS, or related
discipline

JOB LOCATION
Mt. View