Animated Gifs: Usability Research Report

Alain Vaillancourt ndgmtlcd at GSLIS.Lan.McGill.CA
Tue May 13 15:37:22 EDT 1997

> From:          Roz Ault - User Support Technology - ext 377 <AULT at faxon.com>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject:       Animated Gifs: Usability Research Report

I read with great interest this short summary on the impact of
animated GIFs, since I am just now starting a PhD (in Library and Info)
on the topic of the visual presentation of text (2D, 3D, animated or
not) and the images something  going "with" it.

Unfortunately, even 2 weeks later there is still no reference to this
test in the articles section of their site (www.uie.com).

I will be writing to them for more info.

In the meantime, has anybody ever heard of similar studies.

Au revoir!

Alain Vaillancourt

ndgmtlcd at gslis.lan.mcgill.ca