Launching Word Templates from Web Site

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Tue May 13 08:27:02 EDT 1997

     There is a very low probability that you can get a Word template to
     launch within a browser without making lots of changes to both
     programs.  I have not reviewed all the engineering on the topic, but
     Microsoft and a number of others have written HTML and Web-related
     filters for Word, and I do not imagine they would have bothered if it
     could be done with existing point-and-click.  What are you trying to
     accomplish?  What features of the documents do you wish to use?