TELNET Clients for Public Netscape Stations

Toni Walder walderan at oplin.lib.oh.us
Fri May 9 10:05:24 EDT 1997

I had asked for advice from the list on installing a telnet client in
our public terminals that would allow patrons to print screens.

On your suggestions I investigated the following products -- QVTNet
(WinQVT), Anziolite, Hyperterminal 3.0, CRT, UWTerm and Netterm.

I chose Netterm, which costs $20/license, because it worked seamlessly
with Netscape, allowed flexibility in choice of colors and fonts, and
with its Smartbutton option, allows one button screen prints of telnet
screens.

Netterm can be downloaded from the Web, but is also available on
diskette and has a printed manual as well.

To order or preview:
http://starbase.neosoft.com/~zkrr01/ntdl/html

Thanks to everyone for their help and advice,
--
Toni Walder (walderan at oplin.lib.oh.us)
Wright Memorial Public Library, 1776 Far Hills Ave, Dayton OH 45419

"Prediction is extremely difficult. Especially about the future." N Bohr