site comparing query syntax?

George Jenkins gjenkins at hbs.edu
Fri May 9 10:02:42 EDT 1997

At 05:05 PM 5/8/97 -0700, you wrote:

>Okay, I give up.  I've been flexing my researcher muscles and _still_ can't
>find a site I've seen mentioned a couple of times that enumerates query
>syntax used by the major search engines (some are boolean, some use - or
>+).  Seems that I remember the site was maintained in Sweden.  Anyone have
>this bookmarked like I thought I did?
>
>thanks --
>
>Linda Rudell-Betts
>Information Resources Manager
>Quarterdeck Corporation
>Marina del Rey, California

My favorite comparison source is the Netsearcher's Cheat Sheet at PC
Magazine's web site:

http://www8.zdnet.com/pcmag/iu/srchsite/cheat.htm

The Cheat Sheet originally appeared in the December 3, 1996 issue.  If you
have a copy handy, it's a handy cheat sheet to carry if you don't have a
portable with your bookmark file stored.

George

-----
Photocopy requests via the Web
http://library.hbs.edu/photocopy.htm
-----
George Jenkins                617.495.6837 (voice)
Business Information Analyst  617.496.3725 (fax)
Research Services             GJenkins at hbs.edu
Baker Library # 215           http://library.hbs.edu/
Harvard Business School       http://www.hbs.edu