Library Handouts and the Web

Mark Cyzyk mcyzyk at tiger.towson.edu
Tue Mar 25 08:13:00 EST 1997

I am putting everything I do up on the Web, essentially using my homepage
as my file manager.  With everything linked to my homepage, I always know
where my handouts are.  I no longer search for copies on floppies ("Now
where did I put that floppy I used last year...") or scour my overloaded
(with netapps, that is) worn-out hard drive . Also, if I am at a meeting
somewhere off-campus all my stuff is as close as the nearest Web browser.

I found out early yesterday that I was supposed to teach a two-hour
workshop for the faculty on "Downloading from the Web."  Luckily, all my
handouts were posted to my homepage so I simply printed them out at the
nearest laser printer and quickly made copies.  My Powerpoint presentation
was also posted to the Web, so within about half an hour I was ready to
go!

I think as HTML gets more and more sophisticated, your concerns about page
layout will disappear.

Mark Cyzyk, M.A., M.L.S.                     mcyzyk at midget.towson.edu
Albert S. Cook Library                        mcyzyk at tiger.towson.edu
Library and Instructional Technologies                 (410) 830-4285
Towson State University                            FAX (410) 830-3829
Towson, Maryland 21252                  http://www.towson.edu/~mcyzyk