Library Handouts and the Web

lHassett lHassett at dwebb.llu.edu
Mon Mar 24 13:11:17 EST 1997

     For those of you who provide photocopied handouts or guides in your library
     and also serve those same guides on your library web site, I would like to
     know how you do that.

     Currently we have many different people making handouts using word
     processing programs, then I get the electronic form and convert it and put
     it up on our site.  When there are changes, they need to be made in two
     places, one for the print version on WP, and one on the web.  This is
     obviously a waste of time and effort.  However, we can't get the exact
     formatting we like for the print copies if we were to just print them off
     our web site.

     I'd like to know how you all approach this so that you make changes only
     once, yet have a printed guide as well that works in that format. (Maybe we
     have to compromise layout a bit in our printed guides??)  I really want to
     streamline this process.

     If you'd like to respond privately, I am very happy to summarize for the
     list.

     Thank you very much.

     Leslie Hassett, Reference Librarian
     Del E. Webb Memorial Library