FW: about:global in Netscape

Steve Clancy sclancy at uci.edu
Tue Mar 18 19:13:31 EST 1997

Greetings.

There are several "Easter Eggs" (the technical term ;-) "hidden"  in
Netscape.  A good list can be found at
"http://weber.u.washington.edu/~davidnf/eggs/apps/netscape.html".

Some don't work in all versions of Netscape; most work in Mac and Windows
versions. some are useful, some aren't.  I like to use them to liven up
WEB classes.

I see others have also responded, but here are my faves:

  1.Just press CRTL+ALT+F and you'll go the Netscape fishcam!
  2.In the location field type "about:mozilla"

    press CTRL+ALT+S to make it disappear
    press CTRL+ALT+S to make it reappear

    press CTRL + ALT + t

  5.History of visited URL's
    Type "about:global"

  6.Installed plugins
    Type "about:plugins"

Some of these I've found by trial and error (makes you wonder why I have
so much free time.  I have to agree that the "about:global" one could be
put to good use.

Steve Clancy, M.L.S., Science Library, University of California, Irvine
            P.O. Box 19556, Irvine, CA 92623-9556 U.S.A.
  714-824-7309 * http://sun3.lib.uci.edu/~sclancy * sclancy at uci.edu
           "You can't fight evil with a macaroni duck!!!"