Printing problems (Netscape? or computer set-up?)

Susan Wheeler of IAS swheeler at UBmail.ubalt.edu
Tue Mar 18 14:54:42 EST 1997

I know that various printing problems have been addressed alrady on this
list, but I don't remember seeing this exact problem.  If I need to check
the archives, please feel free to tell me where to go.

We have two Internet public workstations running Netscape Navigator 3.0
and Windows 95.  The stations are Gateway 2000 P5-75 connected to Lexmark
Color Inkjet printers.

Our problem is that patrons are able to print for a period, then suddenly
no more printing.  If we check the status, we are told that a job is
printing.  Last night I was unable to delete the job that was supposedly
printing.  If we move to the other station and go back to the same web
site we can print.  If we close Netscape and cancel the print jobs that
way and then restart Netscape we can print.

So it would appear that we have an internal problem not related to any web
site.  I can't correlate this problem with printing through the icon or
the menu under file.  By the time I get consulted, the patron has tried
several methods.

Does anybody have any suggestions or experience with a similiar problem?
Please let me know if there's more technical information I need to give.

Thank you for your assistance.

Susan Wheeler
Langsdale Library
University of Baltimore