Z39.50 history

Ari Herzog ari at ici.net
Tue Mar 18 07:18:05 EST 1997

On Sun, 16 Mar 1997 09:55:17, Chris Hammond-Thrasher scribbled:

There is a wealth of resources on the Z39.50 specification on the web.
However, I am specifically looking into the history of Z39.50 and its use
in libraries. I have found one particularly valuable paper on this topic
online:

Iltis, Susannah, "Z39.50: An Overview of Development and the Future,"
[paper online]; available from
http://www.cqs.washington.edu/~camel/z/z.html ; Internet.

Can anyone recommend any other online resources dealing with the history of
Z39.50? Or the future of Z39.50?

===
Just did a quick search in a few search engines.
Perhaps best suited, when I did a search for "Z39.50 history" in Hotbot, I
got one response, a Belgian site which answers to libraries as well:
http://www.ua.ac.be/KB/mm/vanm0.html (OSI Protocols for Library Applications)

Other sites:
http://ds.internic.net/z3950/z3950.html
http://is.rice.edu/~riddle/webZ39.50.html
http://lcweb.loc.gov/z3950/agency/agency.html
http://ukoln.bath.ac.uk/ukoln/other/z39.50res.html
http://www.nlc-bnc.ca/ifla/VI/5/reports/rep8/rep8.txt

Ari Herzog
ari at ici.net

Ari's Simple List of Record Labels
http://aleph0.clarku.edu/~aherzog/links/rec_lab.html

"Anything that is too stupid to be spoken is sung."
			-- Voltaire

"We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams."
			-- Arthur O'Shaugnessey