CD-ROM locking software

Downing, Deb downingd at metronet.lib.mi.us
Thu Mar 6 17:19:15 EST 1997

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, John Wood wrote:

> Our library has just upgraded several of our CD-ROM workstations.  We are
> using Win95 as our operating system and WinU for our menuing software.  As
> part of our upgrade, we have gone to using 2 NEC 4x4 drives on each
> workstation. These drives come with no way to lock the drives. Can anyone
> recommend disc locking software to use with this configuration?

Dear John --

We just purchased a NEC 7-disk changer which was also missing the
locking software.  I made a quick call to NEC support (check your manual
for the phone number), and a disk with the necessary binary files arrived
via overnight mail the next day!

-----
Deb Downing, Systems Librarian
Baldwin & Bloomfield Township Public Libraries
downingd at metronet.lib.mi.us