Java Telnet

Alejandro Garza Gonzalez agarza at ci.mty.itesm.mx
Mon Mar 3 16:51:05 EST 1997

I think that it depends on the end system (opac); for example, innopac
telnet connections time out after a certain period and the user  gets
automatically logged out.

As to your mentioning that Dynix cautions that 'data damage may occur'
would be wildly irresponsible on their part, because most telnet
connections may be terminated instantly either because a user wanted to,
by switching off or resetting a workstation, because of a modem hanging
up, an ISP losing its connection, etc...

_ alejandro garza _________________ __ _ _  _    _
  ITESM Centro de Informacion-Biblioteca Monterrey
  agarza at campus.mty.itesm.mx
_ http://www-cib.mty.itesm.mx/ ____ __ _ _  _    _