NS Proxy Server on NT?

Christopher Jackson cjackson at monroe.lib.in.us
Mon Mar 3 12:16:17 EST 1997

Thomas,

Our automation manager has been attempting to get this to work acceptably
well for months, to no avail, and with considerable help from a skilled NT
consultant.  It works--barely--but is filled with problems.

Though I haven't tried them, I suspect the Linux/Unix proxy packages are
more robust, easier to configure, and much (if not infinitely)  cheaper.
As a systems administrator, I advocate using Linux wherever you can, and
NT/Novell only where you must.

    Christopher Jackson                      cjackson at monroe.lib.in.us
    Reference/Automation Librarian           voice: (812) 876-1272
    Monroe County Public Library             fax: (812) 876-2515
    Ellettsville, IN  47429                  http://www.monroe.lib.in.us/