security breached by NaughtyRobot

Sheryl Dwinell dwinells at vms.csd.mu.edu
Mon Mar 3 09:00:58 EST 1997

has anyone else out there received something from these people. This is the
second time I've gotten this.  Everyone at our University received it.  I
know that our computing center folks are investigating.  I looked on the
web for information, and didn't find any.  Anybody out there know what this
is all about?  I checked out the web site listed below and it seems like
another group of annoying hacker punks.

Sheryl Dwinell

At 03:16 PM 3/2/97 -0600, you wrote:
>This message was sent to you by NaughtyRobot, an Internet spider that
>crawls into your server through a tiny hole in the World Wide Web.
>
>NaughtyRobot exploits a security bug in HTTP and has visited your host
>system to collect personal, private, and sensitive information.
>
>It has captured your Email and physical addresses, as well as your phone
>and credit card numbers.  To protect yourself against the misuse of this
>information, do the following:
>
>	1. alert your server SysOp,
>	2. contact your local police,
>	3. disconnect your telephone, and
>	4. report your credit cards as lost.
>
>Act at once.  Remember: only YOU can prevent DATA fires.
>
>This has been a public service announcement from the makers of
>NaughtyRobot -- CarJacking its way onto the Information SuperHighway.
>
>P.S. Think this is a hoax?   more info at http://www.digiCRIME.com

Sheryl Dwinell
Cataloger/Database Management Librarian
Memorial Library, Marquette University