JobSmart: California Job Search Guide

Mary-Ellen Mort memort at netcom.com
Thu Jun 26 16:03:08 EDT 1997

[Cross posted to the JobPlace list at: JOBPLACE at NEWS.JOBWEB.ORG]
Quick announcement for those with websites with sections on jobs in
California:

JobSmart <http://jobsmart.org> has expanded to include local coverage for
Los Angeles and Sacramento (in addition the San Francisco Bay Area.)
JobSmart is a LSCA funded partnership between Bay Area Library &
Information System and KPIX Television.

We also have a featured Summer Jobs section for each region. (Click Job Ads.)
We have added career centers, library links,online newspapers, job banks and
job hotlines for LA & Sacramento.

We will continue our previous features such as links to 150 salary
surveys on the web. <http://jobsmart.org/tools/salary/> [If your site has
links to JobSmart, not to worry, none of the URLs changed. We just added
more!]

Another announcement is that JobSmart will be awarded the American
Library Association's Gale Research Award for Excellence in Reference &
Adult Services at the upcoming national convention in SF. This award is
given to one project each year & this is the first time it has been given
to a website.

Awards or no, I'd appreciate feedback, comments & criticism from those
on this list!  It takes a village to get the bugs out of a website...

Mary-Ellen Mort
JobSmart Project Director aka Electra
http://jobsmart.org