Free-Mail and Form-Mail

Richard L. Harrington harringt at freenet.msp.mn.us
Thu Jun 19 17:36:00 EDT 1997

Have any of you ever used remote software's Free-Mail or Form-Mail? (or
anything like it?) You can find out about it at
http://www.remote-software.com/products.html (yeah, all right, I was doing
some clicking-through on RageBoy's page).

Essentially what they offer is cgi-type forms for e-mail submissions
without the cgi on your server, or you having to know cgi.  Free-Mail is
free, but you only get 1 other field besides the sender's name and e-mail
address.  Form-Mail is $1.95/mo. for "full functionality" (unlimited fields,
required fields, etc.).

Since our requirements are so simple, and the expected usage (and number
of modifications) so small for us, Form-Mail (or even Free-Mail) struck me
as a good potential solution to providing an online Comments or Suggestion
box.

Thanks,
Rich Harrington
Hennepin County Law Library