Netscape Communicator 4.0 for Win95

Bob Glass glass at centre.edu
Thu Jun 12 22:12:26 EDT 1997

Bill Drew wrote -

> I have a technical question and a possible problem with Netscape
> Communicator for Windows 95.  With earlier versions of Netscape (3.01
> and below) it was quite simple to set up telnet and TN3270 to pop up
> when clicking on a URL for telnet or tn3270. It has gotten a little more
> complicated now.  I am having a problem getting Communicator to send the
> telnet to WinQVT's Term program or tn3270 to QWS3270.  Both programs pop
> up but then don't get the address passed to them.  It looks as though it
> is no longer enought to just list the program.  Any suggestions?

I am having a similar problem. I  selected  Edit | Preferences |
Navigator | Applications | URL: Telnet Protocol. I edited the line to
launch the telnet program Ewan (which is located on my hard drive).
In Netscape 3.0, clicking on a telnet link would then open Ewan and
go to the site. Now, clicking on a telnet link doesn't even open
Ewan. I get an error message "Unable to launch application" ????

Bob Glass
Grace Doherty Library
Centre College
Danville, KY