Sue a library or librarian

Jan Heckman heckman at cc.usu.edu
Wed Jun 11 15:20:10 EDT 1997

This is a somewhat cynical note not meant to make light of any
library that has been entangled in legal cases.

I remember in library school a joke about how if librarians were sued
more often they could demand higher salaries.

I applaud the shift in the discussion of  filtering software.  For
those who have been evaluating internet filtering software, a
question.  If a patron (assuming an adult?) asks for the software to
be turned off is it possible which raises both a technological and
policy question?

Mr. Jan E. Heckman - M.S.L.S.
Member of NRIC (Natural Resources Information Council)
Quinney Natural Resources Library
Utah State University - UMC 5260
Logan, UT 84321
http://www.usu.edu/~cnr/quinney/quinney.htm
heckman at cc.usu.edu

Preventing road-kill on the Information Superhighway