kiosk software

John Rosenhamer JRosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us
Mon Jun 9 16:31:09 EDT 1997

Hi,  First time to post.  Been lurking for a few weeks.  And I know this
question has come up before, but I searching and not finding what I need.

I need some software which will allow a web browser to run, but not
allow users to easily leave the programs running there.

I have looked and tried IKIOSK and failed there.  I would like to leave the
back and forward buttons, but get rid of the rest along with not allowing
preferences (options) to be changed of some of the menu, etc. to be
turned on.

I am not so worried about those who wonder off after following some of
the paths on the screens, as I am about those who come in and turn the
library stuff off and take off right away.  Just like to slow the process
down.

Will take answers off the list and summarize to the list if this would be a
better process.

John Rosenhamer
Tech Services Librarian                      Oklahoma City Community College
jrosenhamer at okc.cc.ok.us                 7777 S. May Ave.
(405) 682-1611 x 7229                        Oklahoma City, OK  73159
Fax: (405) 682-7585