Electronic Brown Wrappers

Gina A. Emory gina at ebcl.lib.id.us
Mon Jun 9 11:57:26 EDT 1997

We have found here that the use of porn sites is virtually zero as
well.  Our Internet access computers are in plain view of the
circulation desk so I daresay folks feel a bit intimidated about
visiting "unacceptable" sites while the librarians are "looking over
their shoulder".   We have taken a very firm "no filtering"  stance here
and have yet to have any problems, complaints, or challenges regarding
that stance - so far.  Hopefully, that will remain the case, although we
do live in a VERY conservative community and the tide could turn at any
time.

--
Gina A. Emory
Technology Manager