NT4 and IIS2 access/permissions/security

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Tue Jun 17 10:02:34 EDT 1997

Hi.  No comments on dirty pictures, filters, or anything else
"exciting" today.  This question is about an area I'm brand
new too.  I'm still running 3 WebSite2.0 servers on 3 Win95
boxes.  No problems.

However, we just got a new server at http://www.lili.org/, and
it is an HP PentiumPro200 with 96mb ram running NT4
Server.  This is totally new to me and my colleagues.  We're
also trying MS IIS2.0 on it, as it came on the CD with the
computer.  We're also hoping to use it to provide some
interactive database searching with Access97 databases
we've already got set up.

The problem?  At first, when NT4 was first installed, users
could hit the web page with no problems.  Then I tried to get
permissions set right for several of us to access the ftp and
web servers with passwords and permissions on NTFS.  That
is when it got messed up, since as of now it appears no one
can access it but me.  I do have the standard guest account
set up for the server, something like iuser_lili.  That user has
permission for local connections and is a member of only two
groups.  I'm sure there is something basic I'm missing, and
any suggestions or help appreciated.  Please feel free to
respond to list or privately.  If I get any answers back privately
that solve it, I'll share the solutions with the list.

thanks

dan

Dan Lester, Network Information Coordinator
Boise State University Library, Boise, Idaho, 83725 USA
voice: 208-385-1235   fax:  208-385-1394
dlester at bsu.idbsu.edu     OR    alileste at idbsu.idbsu.edu
Cyclops' Internet Toolbox:    http://cyclops.idbsu.edu
"How can one fool make another wise?"   Kansas, 1979.