Browser designed for libraries?

Tony Barry tony at ningaui.anu.edu.au
Tue Jul 22 19:56:26 EDT 1997

At 9:03 AM 22/7/97, Bill Drew wrote:
>Tony Barry wrote:
>Yes, but how do you get the applet to accept telent URLs off of a
>webpage?

Try it out - http://www.first.gmd.de/persons/leo/java/Telnet/
Java Telnet Applet

>While that thought may seem laughable I beleive it is necessary fro such
>a browser.  I wonder how much of the new browsers from Netscape and MS
>are actually code for e-mail and other functions.

We have to wait for them to shift to a component architecture.  If you use
a Mac you get it now in part with the Cyberdog browser.

Tony

mailto:tony at ningaui.anu.edu.au                |+61 6 249 5688
http://www.anu.edu.au/CNASI/People/TonyB.html |+61 6 288 0959

Ningaui Pty Ltd, GPO Box 1680, Canberra City, ACT 2601

Visiting Fellow,  Department of Computer Science,  Faculty of
Engineering and Information Technology.   Australian National
University,    ACT 0200   AUSTRALIA

Apologise for the stolen generation - <http://apology.west.net.au/>