ALA and Clinton

Mark Stover stover at ix.netcom.com
Sat Jul 19 00:43:17 EDT 1997

I don't know what ALA or Judy Krug said or did in response (if anything),
but it shouldn't surprise us that Clinton is pro-filtering.  I don't think
he has a libertarian bone in his body.  As I said several months ago when
the filtering debate was just starting to heat up, filtering fits in well
with the "It takes a village to raise a child" mentality.

<start levity>
Of course, after reading the filtering threads on this list, one might
assume that our philosophy is "it takes a librarian to subvert a child."  Or
how about, "It takes a parent to filter a child."  My favorite is, "it takes
a filter to raise a child."
</end levity>

Mark Stover