ALA participation -Reply

Dan Lester DLESTER at bsu.idbsu.edu
Fri Jul 18 11:06:34 EDT 1997

>>> Dorothy Day <day at indiana.edu> 07/17/97 04:57pm >>>
involves long participation, working with others, and accepting
that we all have a voice, but just one voice each. To make a
difference, we have to join with others and work for the
desired change. If we can't persuade enough others to bring
about that change, maybe we aren't listening ourselves. The
notion that one impassioned person should have the power to
change things without building sufficient support is a trifle
self-important. I won't draw historical parallels...
But Dorothy, if Hitler were invoked earlier in the thread, a lot
of time and many messages might be saved as we skipped
over the intermediate steps of the thread building to a
climax....    o-)

cheers

cyclops