How do you research new products?

Beth DeGeer bdeg at bartlesville.lib.ok.us
Tue Jul 15 15:36:09 EDT 1997

Hi all:

Our library is currently in the market for a graphical interface to our
Dynix catalog and a Z39.50 interface to the catalog.  Currently the
staff members involved in purchasing decisions are looking only at Dynix
products, and have done this for years now.  Frankly, I think it would
be useful to look at a wider range of products and vendors.

What do you do at your libraries to research new products from the
various automation vendors?  Is there a periodical or two we should be
reading?  Good websites for this kind of information?

I hate to sound ignorant, but about this I really am.  Can anyone pass
along any advice?

Thanks for your help

Beth DeGeer
Bartlesville Public Library