nasa.com

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Tue Jul 15 11:55:50 EDT 1997

>Perhaps part of the problem here, is that browsers do put the .com
>extension onto single  terms such as nasa.  That of course is due to the
>commercial view of the web.  Maybe they could have a list and bump down
the
>list when automatically supplying a suffix.. edu, gov, org, ...finally
.com
>     Think netscape would go for that suggestion?

As posted a couple of times recently, the introduction of new top-level
domains will seriously break this hack.  What would make sense (...ah, how
often I start sentences that way!) would be for a browser to provide a
user-configurable list of domains to scan, including the option to turn off
domain scanning.  Of course, what makes sense and what Netscape actually
does are often trains running on different tracks.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu