telnet from Internet Public access stations

Jean-Marc Edwards jedwards at uottawa.ca
Fri Jul 11 12:29:44 EDT 1997

David,

What happens if a user clicks on another telnet link than your
library catalogue? How do you restrict access to other telnet sites?
What happens if they click on other telnet links?
We are also looking into ways to give access to telnet our provincial
Internet security policy  does not allow us to give open telnet access on
public stations without login identification with username and password.

Jean-Marc Edwards
Systems Librarian (Internet and Training)
University of Ottawa, Canada
jedwards at uottawa.ca
http://www.uottawa.ca/library/accueil.html