fortres software

Gina A. Emory gina at ebcl.lib.id.us
Thu Jul 10 12:56:49 EDT 1997

I agree that the statement "that nothing horrible happens" is a bit
cavalier.  I KNOW what can happen....

I had sent a reply to the original poster, which I did not post to
the list, that you CAN set Fortres up to allow you to properly
shutdown the machine without disabling security.  By the way,
Fortres, by default, does disable the CTRL-ALT-DEL combination.  BUT,
when you set up Fortres, in the tab marked "Windows - disable" you
simply click off the check mark that disables the shut down option
but keep the check mark on to disable the Start Menu and when you
click the Start button, you get ONLY the option to shut down or log
on as a different user.  Then you can properly shut down the
machine.

Gina A. Emory
Technology Manager
East Bonner County Library District
Sandpoint, Idaho  83864
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/Gina_Emory
"Opinions expressed are entirely my own and do not reflect those of my employer."