request for comments

Diane Lewis DILEWIS at IGSRGLIB01.ER.USGS.GOV
Thu Jul 10 07:19:10 EDT 1997

Just for the record, some of us are not "sick to the death" of this
topic.  Whether we like it or not, this issue will affect our library
lives for many moons to come.

So far we have had elaborate plans proposed for stopping this thread,
including suggestions that we post these items to another list.  Now
we're into taking it offline where only two can participate. Beats me
if I know who wins then.

Diane M. Lewis
USGS Library
Reston, VA  20192
> Date:          Thu, 10 Jul 1997 02:07:54 -0700
> From:          Jonathan Weinberg <weinberg at mail.msen.com>
> To:            Multiple recipients of list <web4lib at library.berkeley.edu>
> Subject:       request for comments

> I'd be grateful if list members who read the article gave me their comments
 and reactions.  Under the  circumstances, I'd encourage people to do so in private
e-mail, rather than further burdening the list members who are sick unto death
 of the topic by > now.

>         Thanks very much.
>
> Jon
>

> Jonathan Weinberg
> Associate Prof. of Law
> Wayne State University
> weinberg at msen.com

Diane M. Lewis, Serial Records Librarian
& Exchange Librarian
U.S. Geological Survey Library
National Center--MS 950
Reston, Virginia 20192
(703)648-4399
dilewis at igsrglib01.usgs.gov

"Whatever the cost of our libraries,
the price is cheap compared to an
ignorant nation."--Walter Cronkite.

With gratitude to those who gave their lives so that
we might speak freely, the ideas and opinions expressed
herein are mine alone.