children accessing porn; adults turning off filterware

Mark Wilden Mark at mWilden.com
Tue Jul 8 13:23:34 EDT 1997

> From: earl young <eayoung at cais.com>
>
> We're not talking about what "some" governments do - that's not an issue
> here.  We're not talking about religion, either.

I'm not sure your use of the first person plural is justified. I'm trying to explain my belief
that filtering violates the First Amendment, and that this is the reason why "giving children
access to pornography" in a public library is justified. If you agree that filtering is such a
violation, but just don't care, that's one thing. Otherwise, discussing freedom in other countries
and the fact that religious speech, though repellent to me, should also be accessible, bears on
this issue.