Frames: Explorer v. Netscape

Thomas Dowling tdowling at ohiolink.edu
Thu Jul 3 10:44:19 EDT 1997

Dana--

Since MSIE is a free download, the most thorough way to test how it works
is to try it out.

In this case, though, MSIE gives the back button the function most people
want; it goes back one document within the frameset.  It was an earlier
version of Netscape which was roundly booed for screwy back button behavior
within frames.

Out of curiosity, are you considering frames because your users are telling
you they would make your site so much easier to use?  Framing a site always
seems to me to be a web author-driven decision rather than a web
reader-driven decision.

Thomas Dowling
tdowling at ohiolink.edu
 ----