a question

James E Weaver jeweaver at wln.com
Wed Jul 2 11:50:12 EDT 1997

Thomas W. Perrin wrote:

> I can tell you that Lynx (text only) on our Dynix system is the slowest,
> most frustrating, useless piece of software going.  It's quicker to go
> home, use my own browser, and come back the next day with the
> information I need. Of course, that is the equivalent of 1960's
> technology, when we had to wait overnight for any data from our massive
> IBM 1401.

	My experience is just the opposite -- when I can turn off images or
when I have my lynx-bearing account up, my results are back much
quicker. The problem as someone else has noted is with the useful
information-rich graphics-only sites -- images off or lynx access just
doesn't help.

     'Adelphotes b'shalom,
			James
|  James E Weaver, Reference Librarian, Whatcom County Library System

|			WCLS Web Coordinator				|

|		     http://www.wcls.lib.wa.us				|