a question

Jerry Kuntz jkuntz at rcls.org
Wed Jul 2 10:19:35 EDT 1997

Thomas W. Perrin wrote:

> I can tell you that Lynx (text only) on our Dynix system is the slowest,
> most frustrating, useless piece of software going.  It's quicker to go
> home, use my own browser, and come back the next day with the
> information I need. Of course, that is the equivalent of 1960's
> technology, when we had to wait overnight for any data from our massive
> IBM 1401.

This sounds like the Dynix host (or whatever machine your copy of Lynx
resides on) or its net connection is the source of the slowness. We're
running Lynx on the same machine as our Netscape server, and Lynx can
connect/display sites consistently faster than Netscape (even with
graphics turned off). Is Lynx as easy to navigate as Netscape? No.

			Jerry Kuntz
			Ramapo Catskill Library System
			jkuntz at rcls.org