upgrading from netscape 2x to 3x

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Wed Jan 29 08:55:21 EST 1997

     A major advantage of 3 over 2 is the email portion.  Email is poorly
     implemented by most sites, but once you start using Web mail instead
     of older things like cc:mail (without POP3 or IMAP, which are
     protocols that allow HTML MAIL AMONG OTHER THINGS) you'll never want
     to go back.

     3 is more stable than 2.  It does a better job of handling plug-ins
     and helpers.  The editor is a little better (that's a function of the
     Gold edition - not a feature of the vanilla browser)

     You might consider waiting for 4 (which is called Communicator)
     because it introduces a wide variety of serious enhancements, of which
     style sheets are perhaps the most important.  The current betas are
     too rough for civilian use, but absent a major reason to run a rollout
     to 3 - awaiting 4 is something you should consider.

     Earl Young