Command Line http request

Earl Young eayoung at bna.com
Wed Jan 29 07:36:34 EST 1997

some of you may not be familiar with Expect.

"Expect" will do this kind of thing easily.  Expect is freeware written by Don
Libes (there is an O'Reilly book on the software) and it runs on Unix systems.
Expect causes remote machines to think they are talking with a keyboard - that's
a too-brief summary - and allows you to automate previously labor-intensive
things.  Expect will not navigate MS Windows software, but will work inside
X-Windows.  It is marvelous software.

Earl Young