more copyright

vaughnk1 at westatpo.westat.com vaughnk1 at westatpo.westat.com
Tue Jan 28 10:29:01 EST 1997

                    Cheap shot, and inaccurate.

     He did not ask you to help the mugger but the mugged.  If the difference is
unclear, I am sorry.  Where there is no RIGHT there can only be _today's_ wrong.
 I admit that the mugging analogy is clearer than U.S. copyright law and
consequent responsibilities for Librarians.  But let's not start equating
enforcement of rights of profits from sweat of the brow to genocide.

     He left open the option of civil disobedience and only requested (IMHO)
honesty and consistancy--and the backbone to act consistant with ones beliefs.

    A modicum of care for one another does not seem so beastly relative to the
mugging; and some care for another's sweat-of-the-brow not unreasonable.  Though
I have no interest in running around the library chasing 'thieves' either.

in the spirit of peaceful arguement
Ken

* Kenneth Vaughn ~~~~~~~~~~  LIBRARIAN K  ~~~~~~~~~~ Tech Srvcs Libr *
*       Westat, Inc. 1650 Research Blvd. Rockville MD 20850          *
* vaughnk1 at westat.com  =  voice: 301-294-2881  =  fax: 301-294-2034  *
--opinions mine.