Resignation of S.F. Librarian and this listserve

William Van De Mark billvdm at frontiernet.net
Fri Jan 24 16:33:11 EST 1997

This may sound silly, but I am nearly overjoyed to see the members of
this list enter into a legal, ethical, political, policy-debating,
opinionated, and philosophical discussion regarding the S.F. Head
Librarian and,subsequently, copyright issues. Although I recognize the
importance and practical benefits of discussing technical issues and
technologies, I find it refreshing to see other issues come to the fore.

William Van De Mark
School of Information Studies
Syracuse University