Digtial Signatures

Wilfred (Bill) Drew Jr. drewwe at morrisville.edu
Wed Jan 22 11:00:08 EST 1997

I am starting to get questions from people on our campus on using
digital signatures.  We have been expanding our campus network giving
more faculty and staff direct access to the Web and to the Internet.
Many of them have installed Netscape 3.01 and have gotten digital
signature certificates from Verisign.  I want to know and they want to
know , how in the world do we use the digital signature?  Do I simply
put in the Verisign Certificate Serial number in my e-mail signature
block?  It really doesn't make much sense yet.  The information on
Verisign's website is of no help at all.

--
Wilfred Drew (Call me "Bill") Systems Librarian (also reference)
SUNY College of Ag. & Tech.;   P.O. Box 902;  Morrisville, NY 13408-0902
powwow:drewwe at wedrew.lib.morrisville.edu
Phone: (315)684-6055 or 684-6060 Fax: (315)684-6115
New Homepage: http://www.snymor.edu/~drewwe/
Not Just Cows: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/njc/
LibraryLinks: http://www.morrisville.edu/pages/library/
SUNYLA'97: http://www.morrisville.edu/~drewwe/sunyla/sunyla97.htm