Gateways on the web

Edward Spodick, HKUST Library, 2358-6743 lbspodic at uxmail.ust.hk
Tue Jan 7 21:20:50 EST 1997

At 12:44 PM 6/1/97, May Stack wrote:
>Just recently, we purchased III's WEBPAC.  On the web, there seems to be
>no way to limit
>access to the databases.

Actually - yes, you can.  You do it in the same place you restrict access
to telnet connections, under the III system administration - Limit NETWORK
access menu.  Once the WebPAC was loaded, several new options should have
appeared here.  We have them for each reference database, each language
encoding scheme (Big5, GB, CCCII), and for our z39.50 server.

If these option are not present, or if you cannot make them work, you need
to send an e-mail to helpdesk at iii.com for assistance.

Edward Spodick, Systems Librarian
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology
lbspodic at uxmail.ust.hk

- - - - -
Edward F Spodick, Systems Librarian - lbspodic at usthk.ust.hk or @uxmail.ust.hk
Hong Kong University of Science & Technology Library
tel:  852-2358-6743    fax:  852-2358-1043