Automatic date up-date

Kyle Banerjee banerjek at ucs.orst.edu
Mon Jan 6 13:21:22 EST 1997

> At the bottom of all our web pages we have a date of when that page
> was last up-dated.  This is OK, but some of them do not need up-dating
> regularly.  It looks bad if a date on a page is a few months old....

	Why include a date at all? Most people use date to try to
determine currency. In your case, this is not a concern and it doesn't
even look like you're using the date for internal purposes. If people
insist on having a date printed somewhere, just play with the semantics.
Use a word like "created" or "modified" instead of "updated". It means the
same thing.