difference between types of telnets

Madeleine Showalter mshowalt at coa1.ci.austin.tx.us
Fri Jan 3 11:44:34 EST 1997

The "plain old telnet" is much more common and used for most library
catalogs.  You would usually use Trumpet Telnet or Ewan here.  I think
it is a VT (DEC) terminal emulator.

TN3270 is an IBM terminal emulator.  Few library catalogs use it
anymore.  One exception is Trinity Univ. in San Antonio, if you want an
example to test.  They also have some good help screens explaining
telnet. See:
http://www.trinity.edu/departments/maddux_library/libcats.html

Madeleine Showalter		mshowalt at library.ci.austin.tx.us
Internet Administrator		telnet://apl.ci.austin.tx.us
Austin Public Library		http://www.ci.austin.tx.us/library
	Opinions expressed are solely my own.