Netscape freezes

Sara Weissman/Morris Cty Library WEISSMAN at main.morris.org
Mon Jan 20 17:59:07 EST 1997

There has been so much about NS freezes here and on PUBLIB-NET that I've
done some tracking...most of the problem (especially in Mac version) is
that as pages get more and more graphically intense, your cache is
getting bigger and bigger, sooner and sooner. And, at least on Mac,
clearing cache from Network Options in fact does not clear the cache.
You have to go into Prefs and toss the files out from there ...MacinTouch
lately recommended simply setting cache to zero on this account. Last
week I found that two people doing moderate webbing over one 24 hr period
accumated 581 files in cache ..one person, 12 hrs, 381 files. A single
page often is 7-12 elements. As to printing problem just mentioned..
check spooled queue (PrintMonitor, if you are on a Mac). Queue is backed
up and/or printer does not have sufficient memory to handle the page.
Is it a stand alone or networked printer?