configuring AOL browser with telnet?

Roger Harrison rharrison at ccvax.fullerton.edu
Fri Feb 28 13:43:05 EST 1997

We have instructions on our web site that tell folks that they can
access our library catalog by telnet as well as a web interface.  We
don't really provide instructions on how to configure their browsers
with a telnet app, but tell them where to look for telnet apps on the
web and then come back to us when they have configured their browser.
I'd like to have some written instructions for Navigator and IE
eventually.

I've gotten several questions from folks who use AOL at home and want to
configure their browser for telnet, but most of them don't know how it's
done and I've not seen the AOL software to know what to tell them.

Is there anyone who has written instructions for configuring an AOL
browser with a telnet app?

--
Roger Harrison                 |        P.O. Box 4150
Library Network Manager        |        Fullerton, CA 92834-4150

                 mailto:rharrison at fullerton.edu
        http://wwwlibrary.fullerton.edu/people/rharrison/

"Examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good."
"But shun foolish controversies and strife and disputes about
     the Law, for they are unprofitable and worthless."