Web vs CB radio

Robin Aurelius raureli at well.com
Wed Feb 26 14:47:43 EST 1997

I think we should use the analogy of Ham radio as an advanced tool for CBers
a place (platform) where rules are instituted to help communicators keep
the lines clear and running at full power. We need to reduce idle chat on
the wavefront, but retain spontaneity.

As to the catalog hierarchy, I feel the net's indexing is moving very
rapidly to a dual system, like libraries. I see Dewey being instituted
for global searching of multi-type files. Not much mention of Sears--too
restrictive. LC is probably too complicated for on the fly cataloging.

Rather than put the library catalog within the Web Page, or the Web page
as an option on the Sirsi engine, try doing both. Redundancy. Thats how
the military does it.
Sincerely,
Robin Aurelius
Library Technician