Anyone Know How to get IEAK to consistently build a version without email and news icons

John Dooley dooleyj at memphis.lib.tn.us
Tue Feb 25 13:22:37 EST 1997

We are having mixed luck with IEAK to build versions for use with our
DRAWEB catalog only.  We want these to be public catalog browsers and do
not want email or news to be accessible or show on the IE toolbar.

We one method that works sometimes:

* Install full IE3.01
* Use IEAK to build a version with email and news.
* Install the build over IE3.01
* Go to remove programs and remove email and news.

This works on some machines and not others.
On the machines it does not work fully on, the mail and news icon still
appears, but it does not work.

Has anyone else trying to get Microsoft products to work in a similar
public setting found a way to get rid of the mail and news icon in IE?