HTML Converter for Excel 4.0 -Reply

Anna Beauchamp Beauchamp at wpo.sosc.osshe.edu
Wed Feb 19 02:30:47 EST 1997

Rand,

     You can do this with Arachnophilia.  This version of Excel won't
be able to read the tool bar XLS file, but it will allow imports for
conversion to pages.  You can download Arachnophilia without charge
at:

http://www.arachnoid.com

Anna Beauchamp
ILL Coordinator
Library
Southern Oregon State
Ashland OR  97520
beauchamp at wpo.sosc.osshe.edu

>>> Rand Simmons <rsimmons at isl.state.id.us>  2/18/97, 04:44pm >>>
I've been searching, in vain, for an HTML editor that will turn Excel
4.0
spreadsheets into tables for a home page.

I know that html.xla exists.  It is designed to run with Excel 5.0.
Problem
is, I only have Excel 4.0 on my home computer.  I have not found a
way
to convert html.xla to a format that can be used by Excel 4.0.

Anyone have suggestions?

(BTW, I know I can covert my Excel 4.0 files using Internet Wizard on
Excel 5.0 which I have at work.  I was just hoping that I could do it
in one
step at home where I have Excel 4.0)

Thanks for the help.

Rand

Rand Simmons, Ph.D.
Networking Consultant, Idaho State Library
325 W. State Street, Boise, ID 83702
(208) 334-2150 / (208) 334-4016 fax / rsimmons at isl.state.id.us