thanks and a question

scharles libernet at midtown.net
Sun Feb 16 21:36:07 EST 1997

Greetings:

Recently I got a maintenence message from Roy Tennant (I assume everyone
did) about archives and such, and it reminded me what a great resource this
list truly is.  And I do want to thank everyone for the professionalism that
is shown here.  And thanks to Roy for a well managed list.

I would like to hear from anyone who uses a Win95 web server.  I want to do
some fairly light work with mounting databases on web pages, and recently
there was a discussion on "database to html" on the list.  The application
"Cold Fusion" was mentioned in a positve light.  Anyway I want to try to
stick with an enviroment I am familiar with, which is Windows.  I searched
the archives and reread the messages about Cold Fusion, and some messages
about Windows httpd servers.  I did go to the iWorld httpd comparison page,
and got some hints. I should probrably mention that cheap is a real
objective, but I am open to suggestions.

I would like to hear from those of you who have actually worked with Win95
web servers.  Post to me or the list, whichever you think best.

Thanks again,
Scott Charles